Taiwan 2015 Part II

Before I start this yummy post, I shall feature my hotel in Taipei as well as giving you 1 minute to grab tissue and come back here. HOT...


Before I start this yummy post, I shall feature my hotel in Taipei as well as giving you 1 minute to grab tissue and come back here.


HOTEL: 函舍商務旅店
If you are in Taipei, I will recommending you to stay here - White bedsheet, nice amenities, fully carpeted and reside in one of small alley, a 5 minutes walk will bring you to 西門町 (Xi Men Ding). And it comes with free breakfast (Please don't expect too much).










If you are reading this in the middle of the night, I will advise you to stop here and come back tomorrow. If not, here we off to tons of yummy foods.


YILAN: 甕窯雞 (Weng Yao Chicken)
Accordingly to our driver who suggested us to this restaurant, the chickens (real chicken, not those standing along Geylang Street) are well liked by local and tourists. The chickens are roasted in huge earthen jar for a long period of time and very labour intensive job which requires constant rotating the chickens! We ordered a set meal for 11 pax, consists of 8 dishes (?) that cost around SGD 20++ per pax (?) I don't really remember.





Can you see how nicely the chicken is roasted?




Damn it they are super yummy, not just the skin. The meat is so tender!


TAIPEI: 阿珠雪在烧 at 九份 (Jiu Fen)
A must buy when you are in 九份 - featuring 2 scoops of ice cream wrapped with peanut in popiah-like skin. You can choose if you want to coriander leaves or not. It was so nice that we bought two each.






Please eat more so you won't live in regret


Not forgetting to eat through your way in 九份. It is a tourist spot to release tian deng, eat and shop. The layout of Jiufen is like walking through a narrow path with rows of shops. Please allow at least 90 minutes of travelling time from Taipei Main Station. If you are driving or taking private buses, traffic on the hill is bad.




臭豆腐 (Smelly Tofu?)



鱼圆面 (Fishball Beehoon)


How to go
By Train: From Ruifang Station, cross the street to the bus stop and board the Keelung Transit bus towards Jiufen. The bus trip takes roughly 15 minutes, and the fare is NT$21 during the week, NT$15 during weekends/holiday.

By Bus: Take Exit 1 from Zhongxiao Fuxing (忠孝復興) Station, take bus route 1062 (Keelung Bus) to Jinguashi, alight at Jiufen. The ride is about 1 hour and the fare is NT$90. Be sure to get a good seat to enjoy scenic views of Northern Taiwan.



TAIPEI: 鬍鬚張魯肉飯 (Formosa Chang Lu Rou Fan)
Everyone has to eat 魯肉飯 in Taiwan. 鬍鬚張魯肉飯 is named as the best 魯肉飯 in Taipei by many. Comes with small quantity, one bowl is definitely not enough to satisfy your tummy or cravings. You can google their outlet locations.








TAIPEI: Dazzling Cafe
A great hype in Singapore, how can we miss this especially we are in Taiwan? My cousin, sister and I visited this popular cafe while others at Taipei 101. Different outlets has different themes. They have an outlet near Taipei 101 but temporary close down for renovation so we went to Dazzling Cafe Pink, has the whole store in Pink.

While on the way to Dazzling Cafe, my dumb dumb sister got lost because the bus driver shut the door after my sister alighted, before my cousin and I can alight. We got off at the next stop and missed my sister because she walked to the nearest mrt station instead of waiting at the bus stop. Well at least she is back to me (':

Anyway there is minimum purchase of one drink per person so we got three drinks and 2 honey toasts. I am still upset that Matcha Honey Toast is not available.














Salivating over the photos? Don't fret they have an outlet in Singapore too! We didn't try their mains because we were too full just eating the honey toasts. Sweet-toothers, this is your heaven. If possible, make reservation before heading down so you won't have to wait.


TAIPEI: 阿宗麵線 (Ah Zong Mian Xian) at 西門町 (Xi Men Ding)
One of the most popular destination for tourists, Taipei youth, and, along with shopping and restaurants, also hosts street performances and exhibitions, 西門町 (Xi Men Ding) is where this popular 阿宗麵線 locates at. You can find it without difficulties; the long queues and people standing in the middle of the street slurping this yummy meesua. Trust me, you have to eat this with chilli! (too bad if you can't eat chilli hehehe) But you want to eat authentic Taiwan Oyster Meesua, I will not recommend this.







TAIPEI: 50嵐 (50 Lan)
Highly raved by many, 50嵐 is the original brand of our local milk tea brand, KOI. Tbh I prefer KOI to 50嵐. I should try Milk Tea instead. Good advice from the wise sy: Don't drink too much, three cups of 100% sugar milk tea is equivalent to 40 apple pies. If you don't believe, watch this video: here.






TAICHUNG: 薰衣草森林 (Lavender Cottage)
Mentioned in Part I, Lavender Cottage has an open-concept restaurant serving a mixture of western and eastern cuisines where you can have your meals in nature. Ingredients used are healthy and crops they harvest from their own field. It is the most expensive meal we had in Taiwan.







TAICHUNG: 一福堂 (Yi Fu Tang)
一福堂 is famous for Taiwan local snacks such as 太陽餅 (Sun Biscuits), 鳳梨酥 (Pineapple Pastry), 檸檬餅 (Lemon Cake) and Mr Chye's fave 老婆饼 (Wife Cake). They come in beautiful box and individual packed which you can buy and give to your friends and relatives. The staff are friendly and the bestest part: Samples are big and readily available (you can eat as much as you want)! We were spoilt with choices. Just 太陽餅 alone, have too many flavours to choose from: Original, Premium, Yam and etc. I really love their yam sun biscuits! They provide free delivery to any hotel in Taiwan for any purchase above NT$3000.



This is how generous they give for samples


(Both images are extracted from Fjalluggla)


OTHERS: FAMILY MART
Family Mart is where local delights are packed into convenient packaging, that why I love going to Family Mart whenever I am over-the-sea. This milk tea is featured as one of the MUST BUY in Taiwan Family Mart, and I agreed because I grabbed three not by the reason it is recommended but due to it is tasty. And the bottle looks so chio (you deserved a white wall post on ig)!




OTHERS: AS MANY AS NIGHT MARKETS YOU CAN GO
Just eat everything! I highly recommend you to eat 大肠包小肠, fruit juices and fried chicken cutlet. I read a lot online but I didn't get to visit many night markets );




大肠包小肠 is glutinous rice with Taiwan sausage









And we are done! Thank you for reading! There are too much foods I didn't eat and many places (club *opps*) I didn't visit. It's okay I will come back for more. I realised I went to a lot of places in 2015. Gotta save some money in 2016 because I am planning to go Okinawa in 2017 after Sh ord. Meanwhile if you haven't read Part I.....






TAIWAN 2015 PART 1


TAIWAN 2015 PART 2






0 comments